Premed 101 Forums

2011 UofC Interview Video - Check it Out!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm probably biased but I think that being cheery and singing about "getting in" is a little premature and somewhat in bad taste considering that people haven't actually gotten in. It would have been much more appropriate for an orientation video next fall.

If I was an applicant watching it, I would not be very excited given the entire uncertainty of the process.

I'm probably biased but I think that being cheery and singing about "getting in" is a little premature and somewhat in bad taste considering that people haven't actually gotten in. It would have been much more appropriate for an orientation video next fall.

If I was an applicant watching it, I would not be very excited given the entire uncertainty of the process.

I also respectfully disagree. Although I can see how some ppl may have been offended, I personally found it uplifting and made me want to get in even more!

Lyrics were different... both songs are a parody of "I just had sex"

That said, I was still surprised to see it popping up at two different med schools.

lol with a popular song and a logical parody, you'd be surprised on how many people come up with the same ideas. eg. Darwin was the first person to publish his views on evolution, not the person to come up with the idea. The same can be said for newton's view on gravity, etc.

There's 6 billion people in this world, I'm sure people would have invented the zipper 6 times over if it wasn't patented

eg. Darwin was the first person to publish his views on evolution, not the person to come up with the idea. The same can be said for newton's view on gravity, etc.

There's 6 billion people in this world, I'm sure people would have invented the zipper 6 times over if it wasn't patented

Hahaha!! Reaching a little? We're talking 15-20 med schools in canada.

On that note, I'm sure the MMI would have also been invented 6 times over if Mac wasn't obsessed with torturing students :)

Archived