Premed 101 Forums

Prayer time

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FYI from the blog

Hey Deborah,

I had a question about post interview rankings. Does U of T have a set percentage allocated towards their interviews still? If it is still only 20%, does this mean that people with 3.9 GPAs are significantly disadvantaged compared to 3.95+ GPAs? OR can a good interview play a significant factor in raising someone’s rank.

on March 9, 2011 at 3:21 pm | Replyutmedadmissions

Hello AP. All I can say on this one is that the interview is an important part of our process and the results are taken into serious consideration in our decision making.

FYI from the blog

Hey Deborah,

I had a question about post interview rankings. Does U of T have a set percentage allocated towards their interviews still? If it is still only 20%, does this mean that people with 3.9 GPAs are significantly disadvantaged compared to 3.95+ GPAs? OR can a good interview play a significant factor in raising someone’s rank.

on March 9, 2011 at 3:21 pm | Replyutmedadmissions

Hello AP. All I can say on this one is that the interview is an important part of our process and the results are taken into serious consideration in our decision making.

Wow that's VERY interesting...

Basically means a solid interview score gives you a spot.
I don't think you can conclude that.

A solid interview is great, but how can we know how influential it is? For example, someone with a 3.85 and ok ECs has a fantastic interview vs. a 3.90 and superawesome ECs with just a mediocre interview. I don't know if the interview would give the 1st person a spot over the 2nd, since UofT is so vague.

I think it has to do more with a negative perception of you in an interview.

In that case, you're out for sure.

+1. I dont think a good interview will necessarily "make you" considering the quality of applicants but an extremely terrible interview can definitely "break you".

For those of you who have interviewed, I am wondering what you thought of your interview, how long you "prepared", and whether or not you felt prepared.

I will admit that I am a little anxious about this interview, I know in the past they have asked current event questions. I am worried that it will be about an event that I have not read about .. :S

+1. I dont think a good interview will necessarily "make you" considering the quality of applicants but an extremely terrible interview can definitely "break you".

Then again, haven't there apparently been terrible interviews in the past that ended in an offer?

I suppose we now come to the question of what counts as a good interview...

Archived