Premed 101 Forums

MMI specifics clarification

I'm seeking clarification on McMaster MMI specifics:

1. The McMaster website states that there are two-minute breaks between each station--I'm assuming the two minutes are for reading and not actual breaks? Is there a one-minute-left warning in each station?

2. Of the 12 stations, how many are rest stations? Is the computer station included in this number?

3. Is there a writing station? (There's no mention of a writing station on the McMaster website, but I seem to recall reading about a writing station on the Mac board.)

Thanks for any and all help.

It's ten minutes in total per station including reading time. So two minutes for reading and eight minutes for the actual station. The package said the entire MMI would take two hours so it makes sense (12 stations x 10 minutes = 120 minutes!). As for the one minute warning, I have no idea.

I'm a bit fuzzy on questions two and three. Previous years have had rest stations, but maybe they replaced that with the CASPer station. As for the writing station, no idea.

I'm seeking clarification on McMaster MMI specifics:

1. The McMaster website states that there are two-minute breaks between each station--I'm assuming the two minutes are for reading and not actual breaks? Is there a one-minute-left warning in each station?

2. Of the 12 stations, how many are rest stations? Is the computer station included in this number?

3. Is there a writing station? (There's no mention of a writing station on the McMaster website, but I seem to recall reading about a writing station on the Mac board.)

Thanks for any and all help.

There's 1 break and 1 computer station.

I don't believe there's a writing station,, not 100% but i'm pretty sure there isn't

Does anyone know if we get paper to make notes on??

I didn't know that many people used the notes... while I have only had one MMI, I never felt the urge to write down anything... and didn't want to break eye contact/proper interaction to read... are some schools detail intensive such that they would require that some things get written down? or is it just personal preference/emergency?

I didn't know that many people used the notes... while I have only had one MMI, I never felt the urge to write down anything... and didn't want to break eye contact/proper interaction to read... are some schools detail intensive such that they would require that some things get written down? or is it just personal preference/emergency?
I wrote things down in the MMIs that I've been to. I basically jot down 3 to 4 key points that I want to mention in my answer so that I don't forget them or go off on a random tangent. It's not like they were full sentences that I had to read them off the paper. Taking a quick glance at my 1 or 2 words didn't require me to break proper interaction. It's not about the details as much as it is about structuring your answer, in my opinion.

^ I agree, it's all about walking into the room with confidence that if you choke, at least you know your main points. It's never a distraction for me when I'm in the room, and honestly the benefit of having your main points structured will far outweigh the "negative consequences" of glancing down at a sheet of paper for a second. Proper delivery is key, but in a natural, honest manner...not robotic and with refusal to break a death stare at the interviewer.

There will be two rest stations, though I am not sure whether or not there will be a computer station included there.

You are NOT allowed any pen or paper during the MMI. The prompts on the doors are short enough that you will be able to have your thoughts together before you enter.

The interviewers do have prompt questions, and you can always ask the interviewer, "Is there anything else you'd like me to discuss/mention/comment on/tell you about?"

Happens to everyone. You just have to smile, make a good last impression, move on and forget about it.
Yeah. I'm not worried about it (as it may have come acorss in my previous post. I just dislike it. I've also gotten into an MMI "routine" of having a 1 minute warning due to the set-up at other schools. lol

Archived