Premed 101 Forums

second degree consequences

I was wondering how a medical school would know if an applicant had done a previous degree? Lets say I go back to school for a second degree and I don't transfer any credits (a different school from my first undergrad) what evidence would remain of the first degree?

Well, they wouldn't know if you don't mention the 1st degree on your application. However, you are required to report all of your undergraduate (and graduate) degrees/grades. If the med schools find out the you purposely omitted your 1st degree, your application will be thrown out (and you'll likely be blacklisted or something, but I don't know the process after that point)

I was wondering how a medical school would know if an applicant had done a previous degree? Lets say I go back to school for a second degree and I don't transfer any credits (a different school from my first undergrad) what evidence would remain of the first degree?

In addition to what onekid mentioned above, there would be a big gap on your application that would stick out like a sore thumb.

I'm really not sure it'd be worth it to lie about it like that. I feel like that is something you could not just be blacklisted from schools for, but you could conceivably lose a medical license over someday.

Archived