Premed 101 Forums

French Stream Interviews

Hello! First time user here...

I've called to confirm these numbers:

Francophones- Interviewed 89, accepting 40 (~45% chance)

Anglophones- Interviewed 501, accepeting 116 (~23% chance)

* But keep in mind the Anglophone waitlist moves quite a bit.

Hope this info helps. But as mentioned above, remember, there's really no use in playing the numbers game. It's evil!

Hello! First time user here...

I've called to confirm these numbers:

Francophones- Interviewed 89, accepting 40 (~45% chance)

Anglophones- Interviewed 501, accepeting 116 (~23% chance)

* But keep in mind the Anglophone waitlist moves quite a bit.

Hope this info helps. But as mentioned above, remember, there's really no use in playing the numbers game. It's evil!

I suppose those numbers (40 and 116) exclude the special pools (i.e. CNFS, Aboriginals, PMEM)? Because the class size for 2011 entry is 164...

So those stats must be only for the "major" pool?

Guest booya

I was at the info session before my interview and Chantal, the admissions officer, said they are offering the following number of interviews/seats:

English:500 interviews for 116 spots

French: 92 interviews for 48 spots. This includes the 8 spots for the french consortium peeps...

The number of aboriginal applicants which will fall into the french or english streams will depend on their standings after the interviews but there are a minimum of 8 spots guaranteed.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest booya
In the past it's been about 24 for 8 spots. However, the waitlist moves a lot since many of the students prefer to stay in their home province, etc.

I would have predicted about that many as well but apparently they are only giving 15 interviews for the 8 spots this year.

• 3 weeks later...
CNFS offers usually come out earlier. Sometime in the middle/end of April. I think you only hear early if you're accepted, waitlist for CNFS comes the same day as everyone else (5 May).

i was just wondering if any of the CNFS interviewees have heard anything yet?

thanks. i got in touch with admissions and they said they let everyone know May 5th. but, checking some of the previous blogs, it seems CNFS comes out a bit earlier. i'm hoping that as soon as a few people know, they will post something.

the wait is driving me nuts.

i thought the interview was pretty decent.... got one question where the interviewers kept questioning my answer and i was pretty distraught at first, but then remembered that they do that stuff... then collected my cool, and continued on !

i thought the interview was pretty decent.... got one question where the interviewers kept questioning my answer and i was pretty distraught at first, but then remembered that they do that stuff... then collected my cool, and continued on !

i had a question like this as well. i always remembered to look at both sides of the equation though, and i think at the end i summarized everything well.

who really knows though. i guess we'll find out soon enough.

This is entirely speculation, but I would expect the french waitlist movement to slightly exceed past trends this year because of the dalhousie-newbrunswick med school initiative starting this upcoming fall. I would expect quite a few french applicants to be from new-brunswick as there's a singnficant french population there. However, if they generally apply through the CNF stream, this change may be limited to the CNF stream and not affect the regular-french stream. Again, this is all speculation!

This is entirely speculation, but I would expect the french waitlist movement to slightly exceed past trends this year because of the dalhousie-newbrunswick med school initiative starting this upcoming fall. I would expect quite a few french applicants to be from new-brunswick as there's a singnficant french population there. However, if they generally apply through the CNF stream, this change may be limited to the CNF stream and not affect the regular-french stream. Again, this is all speculation!

dalhousie and nb have started there own medical curriculum in french?

dalhousie and nb have started there own medical curriculum in french?

Actually my bad, the program opened last fall... no the medical school is a satellite campus so they stream their lectures from Dal in english. But NB residents who identify themselves as being francophone are really bilingual.... For various reasons, I would assume that most would prefer to stay in their home province so andpick the dal-nb program over ottawa....but there's no facts here....all specs.

Archived