Premed 101 Forums

Academies

Did anyone ask/find out how the academy assignment process works? Is preference given to those who ranked higher on the admissions scores? (which is the process for campus assignment). Or is it completely random....OR is it based on those who respond quicker to their offers...?

I assuming that the computer takes all the first ballots for each academy and then draws like HBP mentioned. For example, lets say WB takes 100 ppl (I dont know the real numbers just making stuff up) and 150 wants WB as first choice. Then a random draw ensues where 50 unlucky people will have to go their 2nd choice/3rd choice. I assuming this occurs for every first choice and then w/e is left over goes to 2nd choice. If Fitzgerald has like 10 spots left and 30 people who didnt get their first choice had that has their 2nd, then another draw happens until finally the unluckiest people gets their 3rd choice.

You get to rank the academies and provide reasons for doing so... it maybe automated to a degree... but i get the feeling that the more reasons you check off why you want a particular academy, the likelier you are to get it... except for missisauga... that might end up being forced on you at random :P

Archived