Premed 101 Forums

book report take the fun out of reading

thehockeykid

Define book report.

But no, I don't think it takes the fun out of reading. Provided you enjoy the book, I will actually argue that having to write an essay on a book adds to the experience, since you dig deeper into the book and discover things you would never have seen in a more surface-level reading.

But if you hate the book, sucks to be you to have to write a report on it. But in this case, you hated the book to begin with anyway, so I suppose there was no fun to begin with...

Define book report.

But no, I don't think it takes the fun out of reading. Provided you enjoy the book, I will actually argue that having to write an essay on a book adds to the experience, since you dig deeper into the book and discover things you would never have seen in a more surface-level reading.

But if you hate the book, sucks to be you to have to write a report on it. But in this case, you hated the book to begin with anyway, so I suppose there was no fun to begin with...

+1

I don't think it takes the fun out of reading. It's just another thing that needs to be done.

For some reason I could never get really into reading a 'good book', i can probably count on my fingers the amount of books I have read outside of school. This still does not stop my from going to Chapter's or Coles to buy a number of books with the best of intentions to read them... it never happens..... I just don't have to time or the will to sit and read a book unless I have to for school. However, my friends used to make fun of me for spending my lunch hours and alot of free time reading the encyclopedia, atlases, and history books.:D I guess I am a bit of a nerd...

So I am thankful that in High school I was forced to read books and do reports/essays on them because it allowed me to explore a part of me that I wouldn't have otherwise done on my own. Through reading in depth, I believe that I learned significant lessons about life, history, social issues ect.. that I would have never learned through casually reading a book. I didn't mind writing essays either... exept in grade 11 cause my teacher was a ***** (but that is another story):eek:

Archived