Premed 101 Forums

4R verbal

Guest Gedz1

Guest antissa

relatively, compared to 3R (the only other one I've done so far) but what really made me panic is the scaled scores for 4R verbal were lower (i.e. the mark I got for 4R was just a couple points below what I got for 3R, but it gave me a much lower scaled score)

Doesn't that mean ppl generally did better on this one?

Guest mitchie41

I did exams 3-6 this week and it seems like most of the VR passages in the AAMC exams are waaaay tougher than the exams seen in review books like Kaplan or Examkrackers(in my opinion).

Verbal for 4R was one of my lower scores, and YES, I think it's really wierd that it had the toughest scaling scheme becuase it would imply that the people who wrote that test found it easier.

Guest UTStudent03
most of the VR passages in the AAMC exams are waaaay tougher than the exams seen in review books like Kaplan or Examkrackers(in my opinion).

Yah, I agree with you on that point mitchie. A lot of the EK Verbal 101 exams have questions that you can answer pretty definitively, whereas on the AAMC Verbal questions I'm always stuck between 2 or 3 of the answer choices. However, besides the AAMC verbal materials themselves, the EK101 book is still good verbal practice material.

Guest mitchie41

Yeah, like I would buy the EK again if I had to.

But I just think that there's not a lot of consistency between AAMC exams. Like Exam 4 and 6 have really tough VR sections. But 3 and 5 have easier ones. Is the real MCAT this unpredictable??

Guest UTStudent03

Same here, my EK101 scores are usually higher than my AAMC scores, although not by much, usually a 1 point difference. So EK seems to be a good predictor (for me anyway).

Archived