Premed 101 Forums

Lunch, Student Sessions, etc: Mandatory?

Quick question to anyone who can provide insight...

I have my McMaster interview on March 26th with the afternoon group. The MMI is scheduled to be over by 2:40pm, with lunch starting at 2:50pm.

The issue I am having is that I have to travel to Toronto via GO Transit after my interview. If I leave right after my interview, I can catch the 3:35pm GO and arrive in Toronto by 5 leaving me plenty of time for check-in, dinner, etc.

If I stay for all the presentations, I'll arrive in Toronto at 7 (still need to check-in, eat dinner).

My dilemma is that I have to check in for my UofT interview at 7:45am the next morning, so I want to get a good sleep and not be rushed the night before.

I know that site selection is mandatory, but could I skip the lunch and student sessions, and immediately complete the site selection after my MMI?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated :)

Quick question to anyone who can provide insight...

I have my McMaster interview on March 26th with the afternoon group. The MMI is scheduled to be over by 2:40pm, with lunch starting at 2:50pm.

The issue I am having is that I have to travel to Toronto via GO Transit after my interview. If I leave right after my interview, I can catch the 3:35pm GO and arrive in Toronto by 5 leaving me plenty of time for check-in, dinner, etc.

If I stay for all the presentations, I'll arrive in Toronto at 7 (still need to check-in, eat dinner).

My dilemma is that I have to check in for my UofT interview at 7:45am the next morning, so I want to get a good sleep and not be rushed the night before.

I know that site selection is mandatory, but could I skip the lunch and student sessions, and immediately complete the site selection after my MMI?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated :)

The lunch last year was where each student made their site selection (Hamilton, NRC, WRC), I don't know if you could fill that out and run to catch your bus.

Plus, you'll be missing all the awesome student videos if you leave.

Dan

OP, I know someone in almost the exact same situation as you. They emailed Mac and were told that they would be able to make their site selection right after the MMI. They just have to tell a student/organizing staff that they really have to leave and they'll be able to make the selection early and then go.

I usually don't stay for the presentations - I need to cool down after the interview and sitting in a room full of current medical students and other candidates just makes me even more edgy. I've never had a problem so far with just doing what I need to do and then getting out of there.

OP, I know someone in almost the exact same situation as you. They emailed Mac and were told that they would be able to make their site selection right after the MMI. They just have to tell a student/organizing staff that they really have to leave and they'll be able to make the selection early and then go.

Great to hear. I'll email Wendy tomorrow so that I don't spring it on them right after my interview :)

Thanks for the responses everyone!!! :D

Archived