Premed 101 Forums

When should I write the test

toastman

So I've signed up for TPR prep course for May-June, and I'm also going to be working for 6-8 hours a day each week (5 days a week) for the summer. I'm a little unsure about when I should write the test, I dont want it to be too far away from the prep course time, but I dont want it to be too early especially since I'm going to be devoting time to work. I feel like taking the test sometime around Aug 12-18, and taking the prior week off of work, or just roughing it through the whole summer and write on Sept 2nd. Any input? :)

So I've signed up for TPR prep course for May-June, and I'm also going to be working for 6-8 hours a day each week (5 days a week) for the summer. I'm a little unsure about when I should write the test, I dont want it to be too far away from the prep course time, but I dont want it to be too early especially since I'm going to be devoting time to work. I feel like taking the test sometime around Aug 12-18, and taking the prior week off of work, or just roughing it through the whole summer and write on Sept 2nd. Any input? :)

Depends on your ability to stay focused and how well you know the material.

Gonna go a little Master Splinter on you here and say, you'll be ready when you feel you're ready.

MCAT tests confidence above all else. When you are comfortable with your performance on practice tests, you'll be ready. Only you can really say how long that will take you, none of us know your learning habits. That should really be your only criterion in when you do the test.

That said, August or early Sep is the latest period that will ensure you get your marks back before most apps are due. Some apps (eg UBC) will need to be even earlier.

I'm in the exact same situation, but like thehumanmacbook said, I should register early due to spots. But I have no idea when I'm going to "feel ready" as I havent started the prep course nor studying yet :(. Should I just register for a mid August date, then change it later when I have a better idea?

Archived