Premed 101 Forums

Interview done. Now I wait....hope to see some of you there!

How did people find today's interviews ?

I thought it went fine. The students did a great job of keeping things relaxed while waiting (I was at 11). The interview was just as described on uoft's

site and blog, very relaxed and conversational.

I dont know how to describe the feeling i had after I left my interview, though. I was able to answer all the questions, nothing tripped me up. But I didn't leave feeling like I killed it. I dunno, maybe i'm being too critical of myself. My interview was about 35 minutes and felt it went by super fast, which may be I why I'm feeling ambivalent.

Anyone have the same feeling ? Anyone who got in feel that way ?

I thought it went fine. The students did a great job of keeping things relaxed while waiting (I was at 11). The interview was just as described on uoft's

I dont know how to describe the feeling i had after I left my interview, though. I was able to answer all the questions, nothing tripped me up. But I didn't leave feeling like I killed it. I dunno, maybe i'm being too critical of myself. My interview was about 35 minutes and felt it went by super fast, which may be I why I'm feeling ambivalent.

It's pretty rare to leave a med school interview feeling like you killed it - some do, but the vast majority don't have the "it couldn't have gone any better" feeling... if you thought it went good/okay, i'd be satisfied with that... and 35 minutes is fine, interview length has little meaning

good luck to everyone who interviewed

Its funny because I came out not feeling too good about it, because I was poker faced and it was 55 minutes long, I was exhausted. It was me talking and answering questions ( many many many qs) non-stop :P! I came out and everyone seemed to repeat " Oh mine was soo easy" or " I killed it" or " Totally going to get accepted". Maybe I am being too critical of my performance, but I still don't know how it went. In conclusion, I totally understand Noodle, we just have to wait and see I guess.

Its funny because I came out not feeling too good about it, because I was poker faced and it was 55 minutes long, I was exhausted. It was me talking and answering questions ( many many many qs) non-stop :P! I came out and everyone seemed to repeat " Oh mine was soo easy" or " I killed it" or " Totally going to get accepted". Maybe I am being too critical of my performance, but I still don't know how it went. In conclusion, I totally understand Noodle, we just have to wait and see I guess.

Last year I had a really difficult experience. My interviewers were totally poker-faced. It is just the luck of the draw. But, just because you had hard interviewers doesn't mean you did not do well! :)

After my interview, I thought that I had done alright. But then I started to think about it a bunch and realized that maybe things had not gone so smoothly because:

1. I butchered one question big-time. I should have said that I just did not know the answer rather than trying to BS.

2. I wasn't able to finish a bunch of questions because the interviewers would jump in on a point and ask me more questions about that.

but....

3. I did make my interviewers laugh 3 times (in a good way)

We will see.

ps: I was sad that I didn't see any premeders during my interview afternoon! I asked around but no one admitted to being a member. It would have been really cool to actually meet you guys. Ah well.....maybe I'll meet you in ~5 months!

Haha! speaking of this, during my interviews and particularly at the UofT one, I noticed some people saying they had even never heard of the PM101 forums, or they'd seen it and they think everyone on the forum is crazy and has time to waste. Obviously these were no one's exact words but it's the feeling I got from the reactions of ppl when PM101 was mentioned. It was funny cause I felt it was almost like an intentional denial. You know how some kids at highschool would say, oh I'm too cool for the science club in front of others but actually enjoy it? It was that kind of vibe! hehe

My interview went alright too, I had a really nice panel. I was slightly nervous though going in but by the end of it I felt it was okay. That happens to everyone, right?

PM 101 rocks. Those who deny it the most are the lurkers.

I had the complete opposite experience at my interview...my interviewers weren't very warm, and one was kinda condescending....i just hope that was all part of their process.

I'm also worried that I didn't personally come off too friendly.

I had almost the same experience as you. I think it went ok and I enjoyed the interview, but I don't think I totally aced it. I'm just hoping for the best.

I had almost the same experience as you. I think it went ok and I enjoyed the interview, but I don't think I totally aced it. I'm just hoping for the best.

Hoping for the best too ! Of course replaying the whole interview in my head isn't helping any...April should be a distracting month, lots to do ! Maybe it'll make May 5th come faster...probably not though wah waahh *in a debbie downer trombone sound*

On another note, did you all receive the email from Bill Gregg about admission bursaries ? If you click on the attachment, it gives the deadlines for when applications are due according to when your interview was (they also accept applications on a rolling basis).

But what's the point of submitting an application if you don't know you'll be admitted or not ?

It's more paper work for them to deal with unnecessarily and there's a lot of personal and parental information being given for no reason.

Maybe they're just trying to get an early start on things, so whatever happens it'll lighten the workload ahead.

Glad to see that they're offering this .

Hoping for the best too ! Of course replaying the whole interview in my head isn't helping any...April should be a distracting month, lots to do ! Maybe it'll make May 5th come faster...probably not though wah waahh *in a debbie downer trombone sound*

On another note, did you all receive the email from Bill Gregg about admission bursaries ? If you click on the attachment, it gives the deadlines for when applications are due according to when your interview was (they also accept applications on a rolling basis).

But what's the point of submitting an application if you don't know you'll be admitted or not ?

It's more paper work for them to deal with unnecessarily and there's a lot of personal and parental information being given for no reason.

Maybe they're just trying to get an early start on things, so whatever happens it'll lighten the workload ahead.

Glad to see that they're offering this .

The financial aid process is separate from the admissions process, so they have their own internal deadlines that are earlier than the admissions deadlines. Other schools, like Queen's, make applicants fill out the bursaries application early too.

I had the complete opposite experience at my interview...my interviewers weren't very warm, and one was kinda condescending....i just hope that was all part of their process.

I'm also worried that I didn't personally come off too friendly.

You're not alone. I got drilled HARD during the interview. It felt more like a 45 mins of explaining rather than answering because I was basically bombarded with follow up questions constantly. I managed to answer all of them alright but the interview certainly did not feel conversational lol.

I came out and everyone seemed to repeat " Oh mine was soo easy" or " I killed it" or " Totally going to get accepted". Maybe I am being too critical of my performance, but I still don't know how it went. In conclusion, I totally understand Noodle, we just have to wait and see I guess.

Well that's a little arrogant of those people to be saying that... But I don't think it means anything, considering the interviews are not supposed to be stressful. Plus, how each person interprets their own performance is really different.

I will also join the club for being unsure of how I did. My interviewers were also quite pokerfaced and didn't really ask any follow-up questions to my answers, whereas others seemed to have a very different experience.

As for no one admitting to be a user from PM101, some people probably want to remain anonymous, or keep their identities online and in person separate. I would prefer doing so because I'd rather not have people judge me or form pre-conceptions of me based on what I've posted online.

Did you say something that may have been offensive or debatable?

You're not alone. I got drilled HARD during the interview. It felt more like a 45 mins of explaining rather than answering because I was basically bombarded with follow up questions constantly. I managed to answer all of them alright but the interview certainly did not feel conversational lol.

Nope I didn't say anything offensive.

And yea I got drilled for about half my interview about really specific questions on a topic i didn't really indicate I knew a lot about.

I feel the exact same way. Mine was 55 minutes and it totally did not feel conversational and I felt like I was being challenged on all my points. I was poker-faced as well. After the interview, I overheard others saying, "yeah it was pretty good," which made me feel worse because I definitely wouldn't describe that for my interview :(

I feel the exact same way. Mine was 55 minutes and it totally did not feel conversational and I felt like I was being challenged on all my points. I was poker-faced as well. After the interview, I overheard others saying, "yeah it was pretty good," which made me feel worse because I definitely wouldn't describe that for my interview :(

Again, exactly the same here.

[redacted]

Also, I gave a factually incorrect answer during my interview (can't go into more detail then that I think).....how much do you think that could be held against me?

I did preface it with saying something along the lines of "I think it might be"

I did the same thing!

Man, the more I think about my interview (I can't help it...the interview won't stop playing over and over in my head) the more I worry about how I did. I left the interview very cheery, but perhaps that was a side effect of the adrenaline rushing through my body. Now, I am thinking "Goodness! did I say THAT? WHYYYYYYY did I have to say something so silly?"

I did the same thing!

Man, the more I think about my interview (I can't help it...the interview won't stop playing over and over in my head) the more I worry about how I did. I left the interview very cheery, but perhaps that was a side effect of the adrenaline rushing through my body. Now, I am thinking "Goodness! did I say THAT? WHYYYYYYY did I have to say something so silly?"

Hahahaahah!!! That is exactly what is happening to me right now, whenever I have an idle moment of absolute silence in my life I go on replay mode and hear my ridiculous answers playback!!

If i was a spectator in my interview I would have been facepalming the whole time!!

I had this experience too...all part of the process i guess?

Archived