Premed 101 Forums

UCD accommodation (rez?)

I've accepted a spot for the GEP at UCD starting in September 2011. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about living in residence there? I assume there is a common dorm that the med students live in, does anyone know which one that would be? I've been in contact with ABP to help figure it out. Anyone else living in rez?

Or has anyone heard about living off campus, experiences, etc...the first year? Let me know! Thanks.

I'm very possibly heading to UCD as well!

Just curious - what was it about UCD that helped you choose this school over the others in Ireland? Once I get this initial decision finalized, I'll be moving onto other problems, like possibilities for rez :)

ps- sorry to temporarily derail this thread - I have to finalize this decision fast... so any advice would be very much appreciated. Feel free to PM me too!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

so I just visited UCD. The campus looks great! The med building is new, great library and anatomy lab. They're also building a brand new gym which will be open when we get there.

I also spoke with the people from Glenomena rez, where we'd be. The complex is really nice, divided into blocks (about 10), with I think 3 or 4 floors per block. ABP students are designated to 1 block. There's 6 students per apartment -like rez room, with three of these rooms to a floor. The only concern is you pick your own rez room...which means GEP and 6 year program students will be mixed together. This can mean a pretty big age gap with who you're living with. Apparently when you register for rez you can see what program the students who have commited to a room are in online so that might help. Anyways, June (the rez coordinator there) said there's no worry about spaces, however many ABP needs, they usually get.

See you in Dublin!

• 4 weeks later...

Any people currently attending UCD have any rez beta? I got an email from Arthur O'Malley regarding 'catered' rez at Roebuck castle, and 'non-catered' at Glenoma. The living set-up at Reobeck seems niceer (1-3 br apts, some singles) vs Glenoma, but I hate rez food and Glenoma is closer to what looks like the middle of campus.

Cheers

Archived