Premed 101 Forums

Not too well informed when it comes to insurance... what should I consider getting?

Guest p0stman

Guest p0stman

Besides my car insurance I am really not well informed about the myriad of other insurance options I can sign up for as a medical student (i.e. disability insurance and whatnot), as well as the different companies that offer them.

I was just wondering if you guys can point me in the right direction in deciding which types of insurance I should consider getting and which companies to go with.

Thanks!

Try to group the car and the tenants insurance together with the same company. Save a bit of cash.

OMA offers $100,000 in life insurance (for free?) during med. school without a medical. Your LOC is probably insured by the bank separately, but the OMA one would let your family cover funeral expenses etc. when you die.

OMA also offers disability. I think you can ask for $1500 or $2500 a month. Both are very cheap. Good to have IMO.

They will come talk to your class in first year.

i have provincial medical association disability and death from the bank, the provincial is very cheap, and very worth it, considering the debt you may find yourself in

Try to group the car and the tenants insurance together with the same company. Save a bit of cash.

OMA offers $100,000 in life insurance (for free?) during med. school without a medical. Your LOC is probably insured by the bank separately, but the OMA one would let your family cover funeral expenses etc. when you die.

OMA also offers disability. I think you can ask for $1500 or $2500 a month. Both are very cheap. Good to have IMO.

They will come talk to your class in first year.

Archived