Premed 101 Forums

When do the newfies hear?

Guest stephbw

• 1 month later...
Guest calex2

I know someone who asked at the at the admissions office last Mon (May 1). The secretary said that the letters won't be sent out until towards the end of May. Hopefully that means the 3rd week and not the fourth. Last year NFs received their letters on May 18.

Guest mshammer

boo!

I hope that doesn't mean AFTER may 2-4!!

Think there's any way to get a more specific answer??

Seems like a lot of school notify mid-May (well, Ontario and BC that I know of)...

...so why would MUN wait so long??

Guest calex2

You could ask at the admissions office again. Maybe they will have a more specific answer this week. They must know when the letters will be sent out by now.

Guest mednl

I sent an email off to the Admissions ppl the other day hoping to get an idea of when they're sending out acceptance letters however the reply I got was this:

"Please be advised that all Newfoundland applicants will be officially notified of their status by the end of May."

If anyone knows anything more specific please let us know! :) Thanks

Guest stephbw

I heard from a friend in 3rd year med that there was another meeting of the admissions committee this week on wed/thurs and that letters would not be going out this week.

Has anyone else heard anything similar?

Guest Ronin

There was a thread similiar to this one last year. Some rumours turned out to be true, some...not so true (regarding the specific day).

So I suppose we'll just have to wait and see. I, for one, think MUN should really embrace the new "email" technology. It would cut down on some of this damned waiting.

Guest mshammer

I just got an email from UofT saying I got in...that sure beats the expected mailman-stalking I was going to start this week!

anyone else hear from other schools yet??

c'mon, MUN...let's get this over with!!

good luck folks!

Guest calex2

I asked at the admissons office today.

I asked if the letters were coming out this week or next week and the secretary said that all applicants would be notified the end of May.

As I was talking to her, someone else came out from an office in the back and said that letters would not be sent out until after convocation this year on May 29th. Hopefully they come out earlier, but it doesn't look good.

Archived