Premed 101 Forums

Recommended NP Programs

Hello,

I am hoping someone can guide me to some really good NP-adult programs in Canada ( not NP- PHC or NP-Child)

Currently I am in Ontario but I am willing to write RN exams in other provinces if the program is worth it.

Any recommendations as to what schools I should apply and why?

thanks,

Derek.

Hello,

I am hoping someone can guide me to some really good NP-adult programs in Canada ( not NP- PHC or NP-Child)

Currently I am in Ontario but I am willing to write RN exams in other provinces if the program is worth it.

Any recommendations as to what schools I should apply and why?

thanks,

Derek.

Hi Derek,

I completed my NP Adult program a few years ago from Dalhousie. I thought it was a great program in a great city. It was 2 yrs long and included MN+NP certification (some programs are longer, such as calgary, as it will take 3 yrs to get both). It was 8 months a year with 4 month summers off. I also got a job right after I was done working in a major acute care hospital.

The program is great. People are nice. Halifax is amazing. I'm sure all programs are similar in nature and at the end of the day, with any program you choose you will be equally as employable as any other. Choose one in a city which you think you will like and which program description you think best suits your learning needs.

Archived