Premed 101 Forums

Neurology

Generally neurology is considered competitive, but it's not too bad. It also depends on location/program preference. So Toronto, for instance, would be quite competitive.

However, even this year there were some spots left over in R1.

You can pursue Pediatric Neurology through Adult Neurology, Pediatrics, or as a direct entry specialty.

Generally neurology is considered competitive, but it's not too bad. It also depends on location/program preference. So Toronto, for instance, would be quite competitive.

However, even this year there were some spots left over in R1.

You can pursue Pediatric Neurology through Adult Neurology, Pediatrics, or as a direct entry specialty.

Respectfully disagree- it's not considered competitive by most.

Getting into anything in Toronto is competitive. Despite having the most residency spaces available each year it is consistently the city with the least spots available (if any) in the second round each year.

I've heard diff. opinions on how competitive neurology. And according to some people, it's still fairly competitive. Some of the neuro gunners have indicated that they did over 10 weeks of electives in neuro, and felt that they needed too.

Any opinions from those who matched?

Respectfully disagree- it's not considered competitive by most.

Getting into anything in Toronto is competitive. Despite having the most residency spaces available each year it is consistently the city with the least spots available (if any) in the second round each year.

I probably should've rephrased my original statement and I agree with the other comments. A few particular programs are competitive, but overall your chances of matching to the field are quite good.

Archived