Premed 101 Forums

Course Level and Year of Study

Hey, I'm just finishing my second year of undergrad, and I hope to keep my options open for med schools. I'm wondering if the majority of my courses in third year have to be c level bio, like 6/10 altogether for fall and spring. Also this applies in fourth year as well, except they're c or d level?

Two other things if anyone can answer them.

Is biochem needed for any large proportion of med schools? From what I've searched no.

U of T med school removes 4 full course grades after taking four years of undergrad with full course load. Does this mean four courses? Like if each course is 0.5, then they take off 2.0 credits of the lowest marks? Or is it 4.0 credits worth?

Thanks for any help

Hey, I'm just finishing my second year of undergrad, and I hope to keep my options open for med schools. I'm wondering if the majority of my courses in third year have to be c level bio, like 6/10 altogether for fall and spring. Also this applies in fourth year as well, except they're c or d level?
Yep. You've got the idea. (but they don't have to be bio courses, unless you have to take those for your degree. They just have to be 3rd year level courses in any subject).

Is biochem needed for any large proportion of med schools? From what I've searched no.
Some schools need biochem, but it's not a majority. I would look into the schools that you're interested in.

U of T med school removes 4 full course grades after taking four years of undergrad with full course load. Does this mean four courses? Like if each course is 0.5, then they take off 2.0 credits of the lowest marks? Or is it 4.0 credits worth?
1.0 credits per year = 4.0 credits total

Archived