Premed 101 Forums

Help!!! Regarding University Applications

fun1nth3sun

Hey everyone,

Well I know I have already asked this question before but I have not gotten any answers yet. (

I am a student currently attending Marianopolis College. I have already completed two semesters for Health Science. However, I am from a High school in the United States (which is 12 years). I would like to know if it would be possible to transfer to university one year earlier since I attended high school in the United States? Also, If this does happen, would I be able to get credits for the classes I took at cegep? Would they only give me credits for the prerequisite courses?

Also, when I am applying for a University, I am given a choice between indicating that I am a high school graduate from the United States and that I have attended cegep. Would I be able to get cegep credit while still letting them know I graduated high school in the United States??

I am so confused right now. I would appreciate it if anyone could give me some insight !!!

Thanks in advance!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, I think you could have skipped cegep and gone directly to university. Personally, I finished HS, took the SAT, and applied directly to Canadian and Quebec universities. Message me if you have questions.

Hey everyone,

Well I know I have already asked this question before but I have not gotten any answers yet. (

I am a student currently attending Marianopolis College. I have already completed two semesters for Health Science. However, I am from a High school in the United States (which is 12 years). I would like to know if it would be possible to transfer to university one year earlier since I attended high school in the United States? Also, If this does happen, would I be able to get credits for the classes I took at cegep? Would they only give me credits for the prerequisite courses?

Also, when I am applying for a University, I am given a choice between indicating that I am a high school graduate from the United States and that I have attended cegep. Would I be able to get cegep credit while still letting them know I graduated high school in the United States??

I am so confused right now. I would appreciate it if anyone could give me some insight !!!

Thanks in advance!

Archived