Premed 101 Forums

sticky situation

Hi Everyone,

I'm under the impression that Ottawa offers conditional acceptances. I interviewed this cycle and have run into a bit of a sticky situation. My first two years I had a cgpa of 3.96, but this year I will probably end up with 3.65-3.7. Given that, my cgpa would probably fall below 3.85. I'm wondering if anyone has any idea about would be done in this situation?

Thanks!

similar situation here...

so my friend that's in the program now said he just had to maintain a 3.0 in the current year, but, I guess maybe the policy has changed.

Not sure if it was just me but in the info session thing, I rem the admissions person specifically saying that you had to maintain your respective cutoffs for your geographical location...i.e. 3.75 for Ottawa residents. Now, is that weighted, or current year, or something else, I have no clue.

I was worried about the same thing as you, but I think we will be okay. According to what others have posted, it's fine as long as your current year gpa is within 0.5 points of what you applied with. See here: http://premed101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16342

It would be a very big shame if you weren't admitted due to a slip to 3.6ish. If you've made the original cut-off you've already proven yourself sufficiently inteligent/studious/academically inclined to be part of the program.

Unfortunately(maybe fortunately?!) I don't make the rules so a quick call to admissions would be the best way to remedy this worry - good luck!

Archived