Premed 101 Forums

Interfolio

Hi,

I'm applying to American MD and DO schools and since I will have multiple reference letters going to several places I'm thinking of using Interfolio. Has anyone used Interfolio it in the past -- would you recommend it??

Thanks!!

I was also considering using Interfolio... From what I've read, one of the advantages is that they'll include your AMCAS ID on the letter no matter what so if your writer forgot it, you don't have to worry about it. Other than that, I can't really tell why you would want to use it? Can't AMCAS also store your letters for you and send it off to different schools when necessary?

Hi,

I'm applying to American MD and DO schools and since I will have multiple reference letters going to several places I'm thinking of using Interfolio. Has anyone used Interfolio it in the past -- would you recommend it??

Thanks!!

I have used it, and I highly recommend it. It allows you to track when reference letters are received. You only need to ask professors to send the letter once, and then you can send it wherever you want. It is more helpful for DO schools than for MD schools. For the MD schools, you only need to send the letter once to AMCAS. For the DO schools, you need to send the letter individually to each school.

Check whether the AMCAS letters system offers all the stuff Interfolio does. Personally, I used Interfolio this past cycle because one of my schools did not participate in the AMCAs letters program (Duke). I <3 Interfolio.

Most schools are using the AMCAS letters service which I find to be quite similar and equally quick. I think Interfolio is more convenient for those who needed to get their references on file before AMCAS opened up for this cycle. Anyway there is an excellent thread on LORs on the SDN forums (see 2011-2012 applicant sticky) you might wanna check out

I'm not sure about DO, but AMCAS letter service basically does everything you need to do except for Duke (and a few other schools). Last cycle, every school I applied to used AMCAS letter service, so I don't really see the need for interfolio.

Archived