Premed 101 Forums

Has anyone done Verbal V on AAMC V?

Guest shelly222

Guest shelly222

Has anyone done that Verbal Question about Picazzo's art/life?

Is it me or was that passage extremely difficult? Also, Im not sure if its me, but some of the questions required a heck of a lot of inference!

Thanks,

Shelly

Guest kosmo14

I remember doing the passage practicing for the August 2001 MCAT and it was difficult. You most likely will get a passage or two like that on the real MCAT, but remember everyone else is likely to find it difficult, and since you are only scaled based on the others who took the exact same test I wouldn't worry about how difficult it is. It turns out on my MCAT I had at least 5 passages that I found virtually impossible, but I struggled through them, didn't even get to read the last two (had to guess for 14 questions) and still ended up with an 11 on verbal. The point is if you find it hard most likely everyone else will, and it won't affect your score as much as you think.

Guest aneliz

Ah picasso... I remember that passage. It is one of the hardest MCAT verbal passages that I have ever seen. The first time that I did it I scored miserably on that passage. (I think I got about two of the questions right!) What is important is to look at the logic that they are using to get to the answers that they think are correct. Yes, there is a lot of inference needed for this passage. But, if you can learn what they are asking, the way they are asking it and how to get the right answers, it is an excellent practice for the real thing. You can use these things to reason your way through other equally difficult passages. Take some time and convince yourself why the right answers are right. It will help you in the end.

Don't be discouraged. Picasso got me when I was studying last summer and I ended up doing fine on the real thing. (VR 13-15)

Cheers!

Archived