Premed 101 Forums

releasing mcat scores

Guest applicant

Guest applicant

Hi, I took the mcat last year and released my mcat scores to some medical schools ... i know that if i want to release my scores to some new schools i have to contact the AAMC, but if i apply again next year, do the schools that have my score still have them or do i have to rerelease them again?

Guest missing Manitoba

Hi applicant,

Generally speaking, I'm pretty sure scores released at test time are kept from year to year, while those released after the fact are not. This is from the OMSAS faq:

Q - Does OMSAS have my MCAT scores on file?

A - For any previous MCAT results, OMSAS will have these scores on file if you released your scores to OMSAS at the time of writing. However, if the scores were not released to OMSAS until after the results were available, you will have to contact MCAT and request the scores to be sent to OMSAS. They are not kept from year to year.

For schools outside of Ontario, you might want to contact them and determine their policies. I know that USask has the same policy as the ON schools.

Guest Ian Wong

Hi there,

I would contact the individual med schools to check on this, as many of these policies can change from year to year. I'm also going to move this to the MCAT forum. :)

Ian

UBC, Med 3

Archived