Premed 101 Forums

Which province am I from?

Guest bestfriends4life

Guest bestfriends4life

Hi there

First of all congrats to all the people who got in to Memorial and good luck to all those pursuing other things or applying again!

N e way - this might be a bit long - I'm from the Netherlands and grew up in England but then came here to and did the Canadian Gr9-12 + university.I attended private school in New Bruniswick and this year I am still attending uni in Nova Scotia - in total when I apply to Medical school in Canada I will have lived

4 years in New Brunswick

4ish years in Nova Scotia

I am not a Canadian citizen - I will be a premanent resident but I still have all the req's to apply and potentially be accpeted to med school in Canada. Memorial and Dal suggest that you can be considered a bona fide resident of that province in terms of where your parents are- well they are in the Netherlands!

So when I apply am I a resident of Nova Scotia or New Brunswick?

*A*

Guest Madz25

Hi there,

Memorial always questions my New Brunswick residency. I always have to fax them certain things to prove that I am a New Brunswick resident.

On your application, you should put down what province you want to be considered a resident of. If Memorial's opnion differs, they will let you know and tell you what steps you need to take.

Hope this helps.

Madz

Archived