Premed 101 Forums

Verbal Reasoning

kkentm

so i have a kaplan book on verbal reasoning and am not sure whether or not to follow their outlined strategy. it seems to be alot more time consuming than just using my own intuition to answer the questions. however, i am very frustrated by my results in VR - i am scoring perfect in some passages and close to zero in others. should i try implementing their strategies or should i just keep doing more practice questions?

gotcha. yeah I hear for VR EK is best. so far its the only one I've read and its a pretty solid.

+1

I loved EK, not only for it's epic format (really easy to understand reasoning), but it pushed me to speed-read passages. I literally read 4 books before writing the MCAT and I swear it made a difference. Half of my performance on VR was mindset.

Completely agree with NAD(P)H.

EK alone made the difference between 28M my first time and 31R hitting all cutoffs the second time, with 11VR.

When I say EK, I include the confident mindset it gave me. I mean, come on now, who DOESN'T like Salty, the Kracker?!!

Completely agree with NAD(P)H.

EK alone made the difference between 28M my first time and 31R hitting all cutoffs the second time, with 11VR.

When I say EK, I include the confident mindset it gave me. I mean, come on now, who DOESN'T like Salty, the Kracker?!!

I think that thehumanmacbook would make for a better mascot.

LOOLLLLL JOKES

whats wrong with kaplan? i mean if you don't use their strategy...is their something wrong with their passages?

Their VR is not indicative of the actual AAMC passages...too short, more info if you use the search function
While Kaplan's passages are shorter than the actual exam, I don't think there's anything wrong with their VR strategy. When I was studying using a Kaplan test, I just tried to finish VR with ~5 extra minutes. That way, I would know how fast to read & map for the actual MCAT.

I did not understand the comments of family members ... because you have a small child again?? or what?? however, if only to express an opinion I think so tactless! But ... are you happy?? well ... I will be happy to keep you company ... cross each other a lot ...

for the time I dance with Maria Sole .. we have gone from sweet dance mozart .... to the most wild ...

Archived