Premed 101 Forums

Waterloo BSc Kinesiology vs. Mcmaster BSc Kinesiology

Waterloo is one of the best kinesiology programs in the country. UofC and UBC are also high contenders. Which one is #1 depends on your area of interest. uOttawa is also up there, but probably a bit lower than the previous three.

UofT kinesiology is not as science based compared to other programs - at least from a research perspective; not sure about coursework. It's also a fairly new program. I wouldn't recommend it at this point.

Western and Mac are about equal in my opinion - good, but meh.

York has a big program. I don't think they are as research focused, so maybe not as good for grad work, but you'll get a good undergrad from them.

Hi, with a few days left to accept university offers, I'm still stressing as to where I should go :( Any opinions? I was also accepted to UofT, Western, and York, but Mac and UW are my top two.

Waterloo and York both have excellent programs. I don't know much about Mac's kin program. I would personally avoid U of T.

Good luck with your choice!

I hear that Mac's first year kinesiology is brutal. Then again, university is not going to a easy ;p I would suggest looking up what you like about each university (campus, clubs, teams, faculties) and then make your decision.

BTW did you choose co-op for waterloo?

Archived