Premed 101 Forums

Upper Year Psych Courses @ YorkU

Don't take it with Jenkins. She used to have the class marks posted on her website and they were TERRIBLE!!! There's an essay worth 50% that everyone got awful marks on and the exam grades weren't much better. I was in her class for the first lecture and switched to something else after seeing that.

Schuller is great though, if you want to take psych and law, take it with her.

I think she's actually loosened up a little. we had our first class today, and she said that most people did poorly on her exams because of her textbook-related questions, so now she's making the exam 80% lecture based and 20% textbook based. The assignment didn't seem so bad - all she wanted was 3 sources, of which you could include her notes!

You are right, it doesn't seem so bad- until you see the marks!! I remember that was why I opted not to take her class! I was going to send you a link of the marks, but it seems that she has removed them.

Ahh I was debating on keeping it since I am hesitant on keeping another 3000 level class...but if they really are that bad, then perhaps it`d be wise not to stick with her (the winter section`s completely full). But I need some other upper year course to take!

• 3 months later...
I tried to take it without the pre-req, and she wrote me back saying "sorry, class is full." The class was not full. She can't read. Good luck getting permission. Joe will probably let you take it if you want to wait until next year. He gave me permission.

lol...she hasn't replied to my email yet...I guess I have to see her tomorrow in class. Do I have to bring a form for her to sign or is an email sufficient?

Yeah Joe Desouza is the better prof but I can't get into this other psych course, so maybe I'll have to settle with this.

• 2 months later...

Archived