Premed 101 Forums

MCAT - physics

fatty

Okay so here it goes...

I've been studying for the MCAT for a few weeks now and I don't understand MCAT physics. I used to understand physics just fine until I started preparing and realized I cannot think clearly through the concepts when asked MCAT-like questions. So when it comes to translating my understanding onto the paper and working out questions in a timed situation I always fall short on physics and no other subject. I don't know what to try to improve on this.

All the techniques that work for the other sections have failed for physics. I have tried understanding, memorizing, conceptualizing in different ways and using different techniques for approaching the question in the practice tests but nothing seems to help so please HELP!?

Thanks Rock33y! This actually helps a lot... I think this is what was missing. I'm using Examkrackers to study and the books have explanations at the back of the book but I think it was the step by step process that I have to see to understand it.

If anyone else knows about video like this, links would be very appreciated!

MCAT is all about rationalizing and logical reasoning, no lie. If you end up doing a long calculation on the MCAT physics, chances are your doing it wrong. I suggest you look into the proportionality, thats HUGE and if you pick up those little short-cuts, physics is a blast. I ended up getting 14's on the practice tests, the rest of the other physics is really simple and basic, just need ALOT of practice

Archived