Premed 101 Forums

cruise ship nursing!

MamboVipi

Hey guys,

I'm interested in hearing from any of you who have done cruise ship nursing. I have an interview with Princess cruises in 2 weeks, but am sort of wondering what life is like on the ship. Do you get time off to explore the ports? How often do you work? What is the salary like? Any information on the topic would be helpful!

• 4 months later...
I'm not a cruise ship nurse but got REALLY sick on a cruise this past fall and spent some time with the nurse then a couple of weeks in the hospital in FLA after being taken off the ship by ambulance. I was on a nursing conference with some co-workers. We asked the ship nurse some things and she used to be ICU she was not from the US. She said it wasn't all it was cracked up to be but it was ok. She worked shifts and took call with another nurse and there was a doctor onboard they had to call at night. There wasn't a helipad on the ship I was on to be taken off so I just had to be sick for 12 hours getting worse every hour.

Hey moderators, this post looks to be a cut-and-paste from a post made to a nursing message board in 2007.

http://www.ultimatenurse.com/forum/f5/cruise-ship-nursing-19543/

While I can't speak for everybody, I doubt there's a lot of interest here for 49erfan's designer tankless evening dress heaters.

Best Products For Home : Takagi Tankless Water Heater

Amazing Collection Designer Evening Dresses

Archived