Premed 101 Forums

AMCAS - already submitted but need another course added....

So. I made a big mistake. I submitted my AMCAS primary app......

I'm a grad student. Only did one Organic course...

BUT I forgot to add I will be taking another Organic Chem course in the fall (most schools want 2 courses, and I thought I'll take the 2nd orgo in my 2nd year of Masters so I can apply to more schools). But I'm submitted... do you think this will hurt my chances at schools? Should I write/call AMCAS to tell them??

Even if you write/call AMCAS right now, it will not do anything. If you 100% want to change your coursework, you can fill out a correction form AFTER your verification and they will adjust accordingly. However, since yours is a FUTURE course, it doesn't matter as "Future" coursework isn't binding in the AMCAS application.

What I would do is 1) after verification, email each school that has the requirement of 2 orgo courses to notify that you are taking them

OR

if you feel that 1) is too obsessive, then I would wait till I send them an update letter to tell them that I am taking this course or mention it during the interview

It'll work out fine, don't worry too much about it.

we have to add in courses we will be taking next year as well?

It's not required to do that. The point of the future coursework is to demonstrate that you will be taking certain courses in the future (such as prereqs), but it's not binding, so it really doesn't matter.

Even if you write/call AMCAS right now, it will not do anything. If you 100% want to change your coursework, you can fill out a correction form AFTER your verification and they will adjust accordingly. However, since yours is a FUTURE course, it doesn't matter as "Future" coursework isn't binding in the AMCAS application.

What I would do is 1) after verification, email each school that has the requirement of 2 orgo courses to notify that you are taking them

OR

if you feel that 1) is too obsessive, then I would wait till I send them an update letter to tell them that I am taking this course or mention it during the interview

It'll work out fine, don't worry too much about it.

Okay great.... Was a bit worried for a while there.

Archived