Premed 101 Forums

submitting UBC transcripts via email request

Hey everyone,

I'm hoping that I'm not missing something really obvious.

UBC isn't very clear about the transcript request email submission for current/past UBC students.

I assume that we are submitting the request to the SISC and not from it? How do I send out this request - I am not able to find anything of the sort in the OAS.

Thanks.

So I feel sorta stupid.

There's no formal request system. Apparently you submit a "request" via the same messaging service in the OAS used to ask questions.

Thanks for sharing this actually! :) Do you know if it matters when I submit the request, or do I just send it anytime before the deadline?

Thanks for sharing this actually! :) Do you know if it matters when I submit the request, or do I just send it anytime before the deadline?

I sincerely hope you recently got off the waitlist or something. Deadline for transcripts was June 15th. We also all received an email asking us to contact them online due to the postal strike near the beginning of June.

Did you not check your acceptance package? :S

I sincerely hope you recently got off the waitlist or something. Deadline for transcripts was June 15th. We also all received an email asking us to contact them online due to the postal strike near the beginning of June.

I have a feeling the op is referring to this upcoming cycle. Not the current class of 2015.

Haha, yeah...Not an applicant for the last cycle but I am putting it together for 2016. But thanks for the best wish though! :)

And thanks wananbedoctor, that's what I needed to know.

You just ask them politely in an email through OAS to access your UBC or UBCO grades via the SSC. That's what I did last year and it worked.

Please kindly correct me if I'm wrong, but for completeness sake - are we not requesting ADCOM to access our transcripts via the faculty/staff system SISC? https://ssc.adm.ubc.ca/siscapp/install.htm

Please kindly correct me if I'm wrong, but for completeness sake - are we not requesting ADCOM to access our transcripts via the faculty/staff system SISC? https://ssc.adm.ubc.ca/siscapp/install.htm

Well, you are sending an email through the OAS saying that you give permission for them to access your transcript and that you wish to submit it for this years application cycle.

Technically, the person grabbing the transcript or screenshot or whatever isn't going to be adcom. The paperwork will be sorted by someone and then reviewed by adcom.

So, for completeness sake the email should be something like this.

OAS Email System:

Hello,

I am writing this email to notify UBC Medicine that I would like my transcript from UBC (or UBC-O) to be submitted/reviewed along with my application to UBC Medical School for the 2011/2012 application cycle.

Kindest regards,

Hking03

Or something like that.

Archived