Premed 101 Forums

Admissions info. needed...

Guest RXK

Hello,

I just have a quick question regarding McGill's GPA component. Is the cumulative GPA what McGill considers or is another weighting formula used? Also, is there emphasis on pre-req GPA?... I've tried for weeks to access the Faculty of Medicine's website (actually I've tried any McGill websites) but keep getting the same "page cannot be displayed" message. (I think this might be due to my firewall and/or other applications on my computers (although, all the other sites I visit are fine)). Also, if it isn't too much to ask, could someone kindly post the GPA criteria from the admissions site.

Thank you,

RXK

Guest medicator007

Hey RXK,

McGill uses the cGPA in calculating its GPA requirements... I posted the exact formula in another thread on this board, but essentially they take into account all the courses you have attempted in one program. There is no special section only for pre-req GPA to my knowledge and the listed minimum GPD is 3.5

Hope that helps,

Medicator

Hi Medicator007,

Thanks for the quick reply... I have two last questions: did you mean cGPA for "GPD"? Is that a typo, or does it mean something else? Also, what are McGill's pre-reqs, if any?

Thanks,

RXK

Guest avisee

What about superfluous courses you took while doing your degree (eg, extra courses in a semester or in the summer)? Do they add those into the cGPA?

RXK: the prereqs are a full year with labs in General biology, General chemistry, Physics, Organic Chemistry. Not too excessive provided you've actually got the orgo (which I don't...yet).

Guest medicator007

Hey Guys,

RXK:Yeah that was a typo.. GPD = cGPA, sorry really long days in the hospital |I

Avisee: As far as i know, the cGPA course counts all of those, the extra ones you took in each semester and the ones you took in the summer. If you dig around this forum a bit in the old threads I posted the exact formula somewhere. If you can't find it, lemme know and I'll repost it again when i have more sleep.

Let me know if there is anything else I can be of assistance with.

And now to sleep, sweet sweet sleep :|

Medicator

• 1 year later...

Archived