Premed 101 Forums

DAT tutor available in edmonton!

Something doesn't add up

Said you got a 20 in reading on the actual DAT in the thread dated February 11, 2010:

http://www.premed101.com/forums/showthread.php?p=423134#post423134

I've only written it once. For english just practice searching and destroying. In the beginning, I was getting around the 20-21 range for my reading comp but in like 60 min. After like 10 reading comp test practices, I was able to get my time to under 50 min but I was still getting in the same range. On the actual DAT i was able to finish about 5 min early and I got 20 again. just mostly getting your time down is key. If you can't get a question after 45 seconds, bubble a random one in, mark it on your scantron so you know which one it was and move on. If you have some free time go over the ones you marked.

Said you were a first year student in the thread dated September 30, 2010:

http://www.premed101.com/forums/showthread.php?p=507522#post507522

Hello all,

I'm a first year dent student at the u of a and I know the dat is coming up soon. I'm willing to give one on one carving tutoring for the dat.

I got 30 on the Dat for carving so I'll be able to help.

Send me a PM if you're interested

Cheers

And because the latest you can take the DAT is the November before the year of your admission, and because you were admitted the year of 2010, that implies you did not rewrite (your score used was a 20)- how is your Reading Comprehension score a 25 and not a 20 like you mentioned?

[Yes, I have a lot of free time and yes, I am a nosy prick].

yes I got in with my original scores but a friend of mine beat me so I had to redo it to show them up. Its a VERY long story. plus on my original dat, I got the lowest bio score in canada.

You can also re-write your dat even though you are in dent school BTW.

For example, if you fail out of dent school, your dat will expire. Therefore, even though you were registered in dentistry already, you will have to re-write your dat.

Oh and I didn't beat them. I tied them. SO i might have to write it again! lol

yes I got in with my original scores but a friend of mine beat me so I had to redo it to show them up. Its a VERY long story. plus on my original dat, I got the lowest bio score in canada.

For example, if you fail out of dent school, your dat will expire. Therefore, even though you were registered in dentistry already, you will have to re-write your dat.

uhhhhh...so you expect people to believe you rewrote the DAT because you had to show your friend up...ummm:rolleyes:

hahahah I don't really care what you believe lol. I'm in dent already so I got nothing to prove.

So if you're saying you have "nothing to prove", then why in the world would you rewrite the DAT after being accepted to show up a friend?

I completely agree with Dr. Trooth. It is hard to imagine why any dental student would spend extra time out of their busy schedules to review the DAT again, and also to spend an extra $250... all in the name of "showing up their friends" :rolleyes:

Just because someone scored high does not mean they are a good tutor. Just look at some of the tutors highered by PREP companies, and you will know exactly waht I am talking about. I recommend the following: look at his score, get a free half an hour, and if you liked his teaching style, then book subsequent leessons (the latter is incase if you change yoru mind after you walk-out; its hard to say no to the person on their face, or to say you suck!).

• 1 year later...

Archived