Premed 101 Forums

How is 1001 EK books?

masira

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to know how helpful EK 1001 books were to anyone who has used them for mcat prep. Would it be a good time investment to study/test yourself using those books? Were they a good reflection of real mcat?

Thank you!

You can search ExamKrackers Mcat pdf in google and i'm sure you can find some "useful" links. EK books are really helpful if you have some previous knowledge, like a previous course you would have taken. If you have a time constraint ek books are muchhh shorter and to the point compared to TPR and Kaplan. I would really suggest at the least reading the Verbal Reasoning book from EK.

The 1001 for the most part do not represent the questions on the MCAT. Some of them are wierd, some of them are left field, others are too easy, and others don't resemble the style. However, they are excellent practice for honing a concept you are having difficulty with, or can't understand the application of it.

The EK 1001 bio is not very helpful. Its too easy, vague, and doesn't concentrate on the same skills you will be using on the BS. The passages style is completley off.

The 1001 for the most part do not represent the questions on the MCAT. Some of them are wierd, some of them are left field, others are too easy, and others don't resemble the style. However, they are excellent practice for honing a concept you are having difficulty with, or can't understand the application of it.

The EK 1001 bio is not very helpful. Its too easy, vague, and doesn't concentrate on the same skills you will be using on the BS. The passages style is completley off.

oh really? i was going to use EK for bio review.... hmmm anyone have any say on which book has a good set of practice questions for bio???

oh really? i was going to use EK for bio review.... hmmm anyone have any say on which book has a good set of practice questions for bio???

If you are solidifying basic concepts before tackling legitimate AAMC tests, I'd recommend the Princeton Science workbook. It doesn't only consists of bio questions, however it is pretty useful.

Archived