Premed 101 Forums

Test day anxiety

invincible110

Hey everyone,

I was just wondering if other people went through the same things I did on test day. I am writing the MCAT again at the end of summer but when I wrote it 2 years ago I had an unexpected experience.

My test was scheduled for the morning and the night before I barely got any sleep and when I woke up I actually felt like vomiting. I think the stress got to me and the thought of doing bad overcame my confidence. As a result I was very tired in the morning and very nervous. I think that's why I didn't do so well in Physics (the first section). But I think I calmed down for the latter parts of test.

I feel good now, but I want to know if there are things any of you do leading up to test day (ie. the week of) to calm your nerves. I made sure this year to book an afternoon test.

Thanks

Be ready before that last minute, then watch a movie, read a good book, go for a run... or anything else non-MCAT related to get your mind off the test the night before. I've been using that trick throughout my swimming career with competitions, and did the same in school and for my MMI.

I'd rather go with this playlist:

and

and (imagine that the MCAT is the ballistics dummy)

and right before you go in to the room with the computers, kneel down, do the cross along your chest (if you are religious and such) then point to the sky and as you get up, gently kiss your finger and walk in like a boss.

I'd rather go with this playlist:

and right before you go in to the room with the computers, kneel down, do the cross along your chest (if you are religious and such) then point to the sky and as you get up, gently kiss your finger and walk in like a boss.

hahahah LOL that's awesome!

lol yeah. gold. that and whoever said "do this section with a triumphant mindset" regarding verbal.

edit: try these

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWPnDdj2lLo

and, finally,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e42jxyyp7Zc

Archived