Premed 101 Forums

How much detail in Step 2?

Does anyone know what the character limit is for the description section in each category? I am not sure how much detail to go into, especially when they say "Answers must be typed and you are required to respect the space allocated. Answers in point form are easier to peruse. We want to know what you have done in your life so far, why you did it, and what you have gained from it as a person and as a future physician."

Do they actually want us to say why we did each activity and what we gained from it as a person/future physician?

Also how much detail are people going into for extra-curriculars? For example is this all they want? Type of Activity/Level of Performance: ©-Student Government or do they want more of a description?

Thanks!

I think we are supposed to be as brief as possible, but I'm not sure what to say with respect to the "why we did each activity and what we gained from it as a person/future physician". I think these descriptions would get too lengthy and I feel like most of us would have addressed these things in our essays for the important stuff. Anyone else?

Archived