Premed 101 Forums

those who get high double digits in PS/BS

nightsky

Hi guys, I need some advise.

I was around 6-7 to start with, and now i am at 9-10 (11 a few times but whatever). I am doing really really poorly in Verbal, so I need to compensate that with high BS and PS. How do you improve from 10 to higher two digits?! is there anything particular that you must do on top of regular method of studying? I've studied with TPR, read the review books page by page myself, sort of memorized the whole book and did some practice questions....

Others may have better advice, but I would suggest the following:

- Do lots of practice passages (learn how to adapt your knowledge to new situations)

- Become very quick with the math. Get really good with sci notation and understanding relationships in formula. (Ex: if a particle of mass m in a magnetic field experiences a centripetal force of velocity v, what force will it experience at 4v?...4F? 8F? 16F?)

- I think Bio is all about memorization to get to an 11, and adapting certain VR strategies to get 12+ (In addition to being an orgo wiz).

thank you so much for your advice! :) i've already gone thru all tpr biology in terms of memorization... where should i go now?? ><

Others may have better advice, but I would suggest the following:

- Do lots of practice passages (learn how to adapt your knowledge to new situations)

- Become very quick with the math. Get really good with sci notation and understanding relationships in formula. (Ex: if a particle of mass m in a magnetic field experiences a centripetal force of velocity v, what force will it experience at 4v?...4F? 8F? 16F?)

- I think Bio is all about memorization to get to an 11, and adapting certain VR strategies to get 12+ (In addition to being an orgo wiz).

Biological is like verbal, you can't improve just by memorizing a book though it may help.

Just keep practising. For PS, just practice your math, make sure you've memorized all the useful equations (I'm not saying you have to do this, but if you've plateau'd and you aren't improving maybe it's something to try) but once again the best way to improve is practice.

Archived