Premed 101 Forums

Ask a question for the person below you.

Cerena

Work non-stop for the next two weeks, followed by a week kayaking in the broken islands, then a romantic week in Europe :)

Do you approve of gun control?

I think it should be some kind of a morality/common sense test for who can have a gun. If you're a moron, you shouldn't have a gun.

What do you think of fast fashion?

I think ruffle shirts are really in style for girls, I them alright. I try not to think much about fashion trends, and I get what I think looks good. You can't please everyone on how you look, so just make yourself happy with who you are.

With fast fashion I think some looks are just classic, and wont go out of style anytime soon. Like I know my black peacoat wont go out of style, while I know my sister's pair of flourescent Hunter boots will be out of style, if it isn't already.

My question is: what do you think of people (premeds included) and/or companies who always advertise the fact that they are doing something charitable?

e.g #1 Premed

-Post pictures of them with African children they meet on their 2 week trip

-Seek attention of reporters, that they are going to Africa

-Joining a NGO cause they think it is what med school admissions want

e.g #2 corporate

-company spends more money advertising the fact they did something good then actually donating money

My question is: what do you think of people (premeds included) and/or companies who always advertise the fact that they are doing something charitable?

e.g #1 Premed

-Post pictures of them with African children they meet on their 2 week trip

-Seek attention of reporters, that they are going to Africa

-Joining a NGO cause they think it is what med school admissions want

e.g #2 corporate

-company spends more money advertising the fact they did something good then actually donating money

It is a necessary evil that many want bragging rights/publicity for their charitable deeds, this is gthe motivating factor for them. I believe charitable deeds should be highly confidential and even the recipient, just for maintaining their own feeling of dignity, should not be made to feel that he/she is the recipient of charity, rather of a helping hand, sort of like a scholarship.

Is your father, mother or s.o. most supportive to you?

Do you like to make new friends, or is your circle of group of friends really exclusive and are very selective who you let in? Do you think we can be friends?

I am pretty much a loner but am friends with my med student classmates. Although I am open, I am not looking to make new friends per se, when it happens, it will happen naturally and out of shared experiences.

What are your most important priorities at this stage of your life?

I guess that means you dont want to be friends with me future-doc. I dunno if even go to the same school as I do. I think you go to York right?

My priorities are getting high grades.

My question: Under normal school year circumstances would you help an acquaintance in one of your university classes, if he/she asked you to meet up in the library for some help?

I guess that means you dont want to be friends with me future-doc. I dunno if even go to the same school as I do. I think you go to York right?

My priorities are getting high grades.

My question: Under normal school year circumstances would you help an acquaintance in one of your university classes, if he/she asked you to meet up in the library for some help?

I am in med school and my priorities were always getting high grades as possible too. :P I wish/try to be helpful on this forum but am not seeking face-to-face friendships really.

I am always helpful to classmates when I can. Noboy ever requested this of me in UG, but in med school, you really bond I find.

Do you intend to marry soon?

You didn't answer my question directly, you are very doggy with your answers.

Do you intend to marry soon?

If I only found the right girl and she felt the same way.

What do you think of giving money to the homeless in Canada?

-After watching ABC’s 20/20 report on homeless people abusing the system

-If you go to medical school wouldn’t you have less money then them especially if you go abroad (debt)

-creating a dependency load

You didn't answer my question directly, you are very doggy with your answers.

If I only found the right girl and she felt the same way.

What do you think of giving money to the homeless in Canada?

-After watching ABC’s 20/20 report on homeless people abusing the system

-If you go to medical school wouldn’t you have less money then them especially if you go abroad (debt)

-creating a dependency load

I do not actively seek friendships, they happen very occasionally as a result of sharing experiences I find. Med school in Canada is so very affordable with the tuition costs and LOC, so money is not an issue even with borrowing.

I believe in personally giving to the homeless who do not beg, particularly women over 40 and the elderly. I believe it is our duty as a society to provide for the homeless either through welfare and/or finding them jobs/permanent accomodations.

What is the best way you find to keep perspective or a blance in life?

To keep a balance in life I try not to worry about how others see you and just focus on yourself, and live in the present.

What do think of “girly guys”, that listens to carrie underwood, and take ballroom dancing classes? Would u prefer a “girl guy” so to speak or would you prefer to be a “guys’ guy” that plays hockey, lacrosse, and listens to ac/dc, rush?

Or what are your thoughts?

To keep a balance in life I try not to worry about how others see you and just focus on yourself, and live in the present.

What do think of “girly guys”, that listens to carrie underwood, and take ballroom dancing classes? Would u prefer a “girl guy” so to speak or would you prefer to be a “guys’ guy” that plays hockey, lacrosse, and listens to ac/dc, rush?

Or what are your thoughts?

Why can't I have both? Besides, I don't consider someone listening to Carrie Underwood & taking dancing to be necessarily girly.

Have you ever seen a double rainbow?

For me, not terribly important because I find that first impressions are too deceiving. I'd rather slowly get to know someone over time.

However, I know for others first impressions can be extremely important. Say, meeting your partner's parents. Or, introducing yourself at an important interview. Therefore, I admit I make a very conscious effort of dressing and acting appropriately for the occasion.

Question:

How do you react when others take photos of you?

Like it? Neutral? Hate it?