Premed 101 Forums

1 month less- advice please!

Pagan

I'm writing Sept 2 and I don't know whether I am ready or not. I took AAMC 5 and got PS10 BS9 VR11.

I'm a first year so I spent a lot of my time learning o-chem and physiology. I thought I would have physics and gen.chem down pat but I'm not hitting 11's or 12's on it. The only thing I have going for me is VR: 10/11 (good enough for me)

I just took AAMC 6 and got PS 10.

I barely worked on WS- right now, its just a scary and foreign concept.

I have two options right now: go full tilt, study like mad and write the mcat- hoping for the best. Or relax and enjoy the rest of my summer but feel kinda useless for wasting 4 months doing nothing.

I am aiming for a 35R (aim for the stars and you'll land on the moon, right? :P) Opinions anyone?

I have two options right now: go full tilt, study like mad and write the mcat- hoping for the best. Or relax and enjoy the rest of my summer but feel kinda useless for wasting 4 months doing nothing.

I am aiming for a 35R (aim for the stars and you'll land on the moon, right? :P) Opinions anyone?

Why would you possibly give up on it after spending the summer on it????? A 10/11/10 meets cut offs in Ontario and 11/11/11R is an almost guaranteed safe score in ON. Considering your VR is there already, PS and BS can EASILY improve with a month of work!

Study hard this month and write it.

I know, I know.. right now I would be very happy with a 33.

But just to think that by 2nd year I would have finished orgo, human phys, biochem, genetics -all this in-depth stuff- I would be more prepared than I could ever hope to be this year.

Why would you possibly give up on it after spending the summer on it????? A 10/11/10 meets cut offs in Ontario and 11/11/11R is an almost guaranteed safe score in ON. Considering your VR is there already, PS and BS can EASILY improve with a month of work!

Study hard this month and write it.

Of course you should still write it! :) Like you said, you've spent so long studying, and you are meeting ontario cutoffs, so there is no need to worry!

I know, I know.. right now I would be very happy with a 33.

But just to think that by 2nd year I would have finished orgo, human phys, biochem, genetics -all this in-depth stuff- I would be more prepared than I could ever hope to be this year.

Bro, let me be explicit:

Write the test on your date. If you're scoring 30ish now, your score will very likely meet all cut offs in September. Not writing now and spending ANOTHER summer on it makes absolutely zero logical sense.

Archived