Premed 101 Forums

Studying in UK

Hi,

In addition to applying to Canadian med schools, I want to apply abroad as well, particularly UK. I'm writing my MCAT at the end of this summer but also going to write my UKCAT the month after. However, looking at UK schools, it seems students can get in right after high school. So I'm assuming med schools in UK probably look at high school grades. But the problem is that I didn't do so well in high school (picked myself up at the start of Uni).. and so my question is do UK schools only look at high school grades or do they look at your GPA if you have an undergrad bachelor's degree?

Currently I'm going in my third year and am planning to finish my undergrad then applying to various med schools.

Thank you for all your help! Much appreciated :)

from what i heard and seen on this forum and other websites, ireland has a 4 year and a 6 year med program. if youre applying from straight from highschool, you would ultimately enter the 6 year program. however, if you are applying through uni, you are going to be applying for the 4 year program. im not sure if this is just for ireland or all of UK tho.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived