Premed 101 Forums

gpa question

Guest nbmom

Hi it is my understanding that mun calculates gpa from all post secondary courses, I wasn't even going to bother applying to mun for this reason as before my BScKin degree I took two years of music school and did terrible! My gpa from music school was probably about 2.5 for those two years and my cumulative gpa from my degree was 3.8....anyways last night I calculated both together and I ended up at just under 3.5 (3.47)

DOes mun consider newer marks more than older? Or is it just the number they look at? I am writing mcat this august, so if I score average (9's) do I have a reasonable chance at admission?

Also is there still 10 spots funded for new brunswick?

Thanks to all that reply! I have been planningn on applying to med school for a long time but didn't right after my degree as I decided to take 2 years off first and have a baby. Now that I am going to be filling out applications this fall I am trying to decide where to apply!

MUN seems to look at entire applications and doesn't seem to follow strict guidelines. I'd say study hard for the MCAT and definitely apply. They focus alot on the interview and extracurriculars.

Archived