Premed 101 Forums

Individual Subjects: TBR vs TPR vs EK

ecobeco

Right now, I have all 5 individual subject books for TPR, TBR, and EK. I dont really know which ones to use and find myself going back and forth. I just want to sit down and go through an entire series beginning to end so I was wondering which one is best overall :s

If you have all your science prereqs then EK might be best for you, as they give a concise summary of all the material. I wouldn't use TPR for bio though, its much too excessive, use EK. Also use EK for Verbal. TPR was a great WS book though, I'd recommend using that for WS. I'm not sure with TBR, I've never used it personally, but I've heard good things about it.

I'd try EK first, and if you feel like you have gaps in your knowledge, then refer to TPR. TPR explains concepts quite well and are easy to read (especially the physical sciences).

Hope that helped! Personally, I used mostly EK, complemented with some TPR (for some physics/chemistry topics, and entirely for WS).

I used both TBR and TPR. I will say that TBR (the passages+ content) is excellent for bio & organic. I wrote Aug 5th, and I felt prepared for the bio section. The physical sciences section was also solid, but it felt different than the real thing. I don't think any other prep company is better...more like the mcat test writers are finding new and improved ways of making our lives difficult. EK has some decent verbal prep but unless you know you stuff very well, I'd avoid using it for everything else.

Archived