Premed 101 Forums

MCAT Prep Courses

Lost&Found

Hey guys,

I'm contemplating taking an MCAT prep course as I think it will help me focus my studying. From what I've read, Kaplan and TPR seem to be the most popular (correct me if I'm wrong).

For those of you that have taken a prep course, can you please tell me which course you took, what you liked (and didn't like) about it, how long it ran for and its price?

Thanks,

~L&F

Hey guys,

I'm contemplating taking an MCAT prep course as I think it will help me focus my studying. From what I've read, Kaplan and TPR seem to be the most popular (correct me if I'm wrong).

For those of you that have taken a prep course, can you please tell me which course you took, what you liked (and didn't like) about it, how long it ran for and its price?

Thanks,

~L&F

I've recently finished the in-class TPR course. Honestly though, I wish I never took it all. I think I would be much more prepared if I had simply gotten all the books and self-studied. This is really a personal thing though, the course was well set up.

I just feel that I absorb more by reading through things on my own and working out problems rather than listening to a lecture. Also, because I was working from 9-5 everyday and then going to the class from 630-9 I really didn't have a lot of time to do the homework on my own and find myself very behind now.

I think that if I had not being working, the course would have been a good idea because I would have had the time to review the lectures, do the prereadings and homework and generally keep up with my studies. On the other hand though, with more limited time, I think I would've benefited more from self-study or an online course.

Archived