Premed 101 Forums

Full Course Load/Summer Question

Steven

McGill has a rule that you must take on a full course load each semester, and it also seems they lighten up the rules on summer course (which if I remember was a big no).

I never did my basic sciences, so will it matter if I do my pre reqs in the summer semester?

But more importantly, it's this passage that really confuses me:

"Summer or other interim sessions are acceptable, however they should not take away from regular sessions."

So if I where to take chemistry in a regular session and take the general elective I was supposed to take in the summer, would that be acceptable?

Lastly, are all the other medical schools like that, most notable Queens, UofT or McMasters? I've checked their sites but compared to years before it seems they too have loosen up their rules of summer courses and so forth. Do anyone know if Ontario school have similar requirements where I have to take full course load or not allowed to take summer courses or such?

McGill has a rule that you must take on a full course load each semester, and it also seems they lighten up the rules on summer course (which if I remember was a big no).

I never did my basic sciences, so will it matter if I do my pre reqs in the summer semester?

But more importantly, it's this passage that really confuses me:

"Summer or other interim sessions are acceptable, however they should not take away from regular sessions."

So if I where to take chemistry in a regular session and take the general elective I was supposed to take in the summer, would that be acceptable?

Lastly, are all the other medical schools like that, most notable Queens, UofT or McMasters? I've checked their sites but compared to years before it seems they too have loosen up their rules of summer courses and so forth. Do anyone know if Ontario school have similar requirements where I have to take full course load or not allowed to take summer courses or such?

I think what they mean is that summer courses should not lesson your courseload for regular sessions.

Archived