Premed 101 Forums

Application on hold for interview?

Hey everyone

i recently got emails from VCU and SUNY both saying that they have my application on hold and are waiting to re-review it after they review the ENTIRE application pool??

So does that mean say for SUNY that they will look at my application again after the Dec 1st secondary application deadline?

Anyone know if people who's application gets put on hold actually get an interview, or furthermore would even have a chance of admission if an interview is granted?

Thanks

Hey everyone

i recently got emails from VCU and SUNY both saying that they have my application on hold and are waiting to re-review it after they review the ENTIRE application pool??

So does that mean say for SUNY that they will look at my application again after the Dec 1st secondary application deadline?

Anyone know if people who's application gets put on hold actually get an interview, or furthermore would even have a chance of admission if an interview is granted?

Thanks

for SUNY upstate

"Pre-interview Hold" means a very little chance of getting an interview, although it is not impossible. Most people in this group were reject later on.

For VCU:

depending upon whether you have "further review" or "May be", status there is a reasonable chance of getting an interview. Unconfirmed but usually "May" status is better than "further review". Read your status page carefully to find out which one is yours.

for SUNY upstate

"Pre-interview Hold" means a very little chance of getting an interview, although it is not impossible. Most people in this group were reject later on.

For VCU:

depending upon whether you have "further review" or "May be", status there is a reasonable chance of getting an interview. Unconfirmed but usually "May" status is better than "further review". Read your status page carefully to find out which one is yours.

+1.

I was rejected for SUNY after being on hold. I was on hold with VCU with the "May" status and got invited 6 weeks after.

ah that's good to know thanks ... ya my VCU says the following:

The committee's file review indicates that they would like to consider your file further. We are now in the process of scheduling interviews and will continue to do so through February. Unfortunately, the committee indicates interest in far more candidates than we are able to interview. Since we are dependent on the Committee member's schedules for interview spaces, we are unable to predict when or if we will be able to schedule you this year. Please continue to check this site to learn when further action has been taken.

So that's the further review one but ah well just have to wait and see.

Thanks

Archived