Premed 101 Forums

Aamc 11 - So Hard

jdr44

Hey guys - AAMC 11 was a complete **** show for me.

I write my test on August 23 and have heard its quite representative of the real thing.

I didn't even make it to the end of PS - this has NEVER happened to me.

I couldn't stop thinking about the difficult "PS" while I was reading verbal which lead to a crummy verbal score.

I have heard 11 is harder than the real thing - but I have also heard that the real test is harder.

Advice?

I am feeling pretty burnt out.

I haven't done a practice test since Tuesday but I review material every day from about 9-4pm - I have done about 6-7 so far (almost all of the AAMC) - feel guilty when I take a day off - but also just feel SO OVER IT

:s

:)

Looking forward to be finished!

Hey guys - AAMC 11 was a complete **** show for me.

I write my test on August 23 and have heard its quite representative of the real thing.

I didn't even make it to the end of PS - this has NEVER happened to me.

I couldn't stop thinking about the difficult "PS" while I was reading verbal which lead to a crummy verbal score.

I have heard 11 is harder than the real thing - but I have also heard that the real test is harder.

Advice?

I am feeling pretty burnt out.

I haven't done a practice test since Tuesday but I review material every day from about 9-4pm - I have done about 6-7 so far (almost all of the AAMC) - feel guilty when I take a day off - but also just feel SO OVER IT

:s

:)

Looking forward to be finished!

Hey man,

I'm in the same position as you. I wouldn't be too worried, every test varies, and depending on the topics tested it may be harder or easier. I didn't do great on AAMC 11 PS (I honestly thought I got 4 wrong max), ended up 12 wrong. Just go over your answers and the explanations and hopefully you'll realize that you did not do bad due to a lack of understanding of the topics but rather interpretation of the questions/stupid mistakes, and you will feel much more confident than you did once you received your score. I also found some bio answers to be pretty ambiguous, and verbal reasoning I found to be brutal (as usual for me).

Oh and I know exactly how you feel about being burnt out...I can't focus anymore or get myself to sit down and study. I just want to write it and get it over with and at this point I honestly feel like I don't even care how I do

hey Guys,

I'm also writing on the 23rd and have done all AAMC tests except AAMC 10. I too felt that AAMC 11 was BRUTAL and my score went down from about 32 to a 29. I got 9 in verbal after getting 11's and 12's on every test. I was certain I did awesome on the PS though, and only got a 9. Do not be discouraged!

I also felt that there were some SUPER ambiguous answers in verbal. I know this does happen, and you just have to accept it somehow. I think the 'fine nuances' of verbal get turned into 'fine ambiguities' due to differences in interpretation due to random factors. I often find that thinking FOREVER about 1 question after I get it wrong (about 1 per VR test) does not lead me to the exact same conclusion as the testmakers. I think that's just the nature of verbal. It's screwy though - how is anyone supposed to reach the top?

We need to have confidence in ourselves, above all, at this point in time. We can do it! And the more we think we can do it, the more we will focus and keep up our energy on test day. This is harder than it sounds, but it really is a mindset that I know will push me over the edge from mediocre to actually showing how hard I've worked to prepare for the MCAT!

GO US!!!!

It'll be over soon. :)

hey Guys,

We need to have confidence in ourselves, above all, at this point in time. We can do it! And the more we think we can do it, the more we will focus and keep up our energy on test day. This is harder than it sounds, but it really is a mindset that I know will push me over the edge from mediocre to actually showing how hard I've worked to prepare for the MCAT!

GO US!!!!

It'll be over soon. :)

this just made my day! just saying.

Archived