Premed 101 Forums

OOP gpa

Alberta's GPA scale remains an unknown. It doesn't seem to correlate with my OMSAS GPA nor any other variant. I remember last year someone had some strange formula that came close to Alberta's GPA system. So take that into account as well

For reference, here are some stats from when I applied last year of the OOP applicants who DID get interviews:

Average cGPA of OOP intervieews: 3.97

Average Personal activities score: 8.94 (highest score was a 13.00)

Average MCAT score: 11.57

Writing Sample Average: R

Alberta's GPA scale remains an unknown. It doesn't seem to correlate with my OMSAS GPA nor any other variant. I remember last year someone had some strange formula that came close to Alberta's GPA system. So take that into account as well

If you have letter grades, UofA uses:

A/A+=4.0

A-=3.7

B+=3.3

B=3

B-=2.7

C+=2.3 (I think)

C=2.0

C-=1.7

And I'm not sure about Ds. Fs are obviously a 0.

As for percentage grades.... I'm not totally sure. My guesses:

90-100=A/A+

85-90=A-

80-85=B+

75-80=B

70-75=B-

65-70=C+

60-65=C

55-60=D+

50-55=D

<49=F

From there, the letter grade would correspond to the first set of conversions. I have no idea if this second one is correct (it's pure hunch) so definitely don't assume it's correct. The first set is for sure definitely 100% correct though. That much I know for sure.

Hope that helps :)

^^^

From my own experience and from other people I know, the percentage conversion is basically the same as the letter grade conversion, after changing percentages to corresponding column 7 letter grades on the OMSAS scale: http://www.ouac.on.ca/docs/omsas/c_omsas_b.pdf. So 80+ would always be equivalent to A- or better. It doesn't convert exactly., but it would be closer than what cnb has there.

Archived