Premed 101 Forums

Break or no Break??

axialpac

I just need some people's input on my university schedule... As you can see MWF I have 4 lectures back to back, a break, then biology. Well I'm beginning to doubt whether that 1hr break will be of any use. I was pondering if it's bearable to have 5 lectures back to back b/c I'm considering moving up bio a slot?? I have physics, chem, calc & bio all in the same building complex so the classes aren't that far from each other.

fall2011.png

I'd rather finish early with my lectures so I can have amble time to study, go to the gym etc.

I wouldn't move bio up an hour. Sure, you may not get a ton of productive work done in that hour, but after having 4 straight hours of class, I would want a small mental break. But that's just me; I don't think I would care for 5 hours straight of class.

+1. If you don't think you will be productive during that hour, do something that is not school-related - go for a walk, squeeze in a quick workout, socialize so you can study later, work on something related to one of your ECs, etc. Not to mention, the break is at lunch time, so feed yourself!

Don't forget you need a lunch break too! Last year I had 3 lectures and a 3-hour lab right after and I was soooo hungry by the end of the lab. Though I guess you could eat in class or snack while walking from class-to-class.

Archived