Premed 101 Forums

The process of getting into physiotherapy?!

hello!

I wish to get into physiotherapy, but i am not sure exactly how it works or the requirement/degree needed to get into profession.

currently i am going into my 4th year at york u with Honors biology, graduating next spring. do i need to finish another degree? or get into masters or how does it work?

also can someone point me to the some resources if they know it? thanks!!

McGill has an applied Masters degree that I believe you can even start in the summer and leads to licencing. You need a QY Qualifying Year and must have 50 hours of physio experience which you can get now by shadowing a physio in your area. Once you do the QY, you can do the Masters in a year and a half. Good Luck.

• 2 weeks later...
McGill has an applied Masters degree that I believe you can even start in the summer and leads to licencing. You need a QY Qualifying Year and must have 50 hours of physio experience which you can get now by shadowing a physio in your area. Once you do the QY, you can do the Masters in a year and a half. Good Luck.

And note: McGill doesn't talk about the experience on their website.

after a bachelors degree, you apply to a masters of physiotherapy program... ORPAS (google it) is where you should be looking for more information

You should apply this year on ORPAS, apps are due in January, so start planning reference letters asap. Also it would be good to volunteer in clinics so you have something to talk/write about in your interview if you apply to mac or u of t. The program is SUPER competitive, so keep that in mind and dont give up. Some people get in on their first try, others take a few years... best of luck

Archived