Premed 101 Forums

August 23rd MCAT - Post Test Day Thoughts

surpul

The logistics part of the MCAT went surprisingly well.

I thought PS was fair, except I already know I made a very stupid mistake (helium), and I'm kind of worried I might have made some other ones.

VR was decent. Some passages I thought were easy to read, but had harder questions (protesters)

In the WS, I had done similar prompts before, so that helped calm my nerves.

And for BS, there were some that I just felt like I couldn't be 100% sure on the answer. So I'm actually a bit more worried about BS in that respect.

On the plus, side, I guess I should be glad I didn't experience an earthquake during the MCAT like the poor east coasters.

I can't stopp thinking about the testt. I think the trend is that more of the bio and physics questions are becoming verbal like in that more than one answer appear to be right and you better be good at guessing. On many of the bio questions I guessed and made some really stupid mistakes to which even nown I am not sure to be mistakes becuase they looked so right at the time. Even physics were so confusing like that passage on toys. What is the force of the car on motor, or what pushes the rocket upward, or what is coloidal suspension??? some of discrete questions on bio was confusing too. As for verbal I have no cooment, I am just happy that I didn't run out of time.

What did you choose for the protesters slogan?

My body belongs to mine? ;)

I thought PS was fair, except I already know I made a very stupid mistake (hint: helium), and I'm kind of worried I might have made some other ones.

VR was decent. Some passages I thought were easy to read, but had harder questions (hint: protesters)

And for BS, there were some that I just felt like I couldn't be 100% sure on the answer. So I'm actually a bit more worried about BS in that respect.

On the plus, side, I guess I should be glad I didn't experience an earthquake during the MCAT like the poor east coasters.

I can't stopp thinking about the testt. I think the trend is that more of the bio and physics questions are becoming verbal like in that more than one answer appear to be right and you better be good at guessing. On many of the bio questions I guessed and made some really stupid mistakes to which even nown I am not sure to be mistakes becuase they looked so right at the time. Even physics were so confusing like that passage on toys. What is the force of the car on motor, or what pushes the rocket upward, or what is coloidal suspension??? some of discrete questions on bio was confusing too. As for verbal I have no cooment, I am just happy that I didn't run out of time.

I completely agree with you, I believe you just summed up my feelings about the test in your paragraph. Im just hoping that I get my 30 so I don't have to go through this again.

Plus, I don't think anyone has pulled this off. I went with the idea that my test was at 2 pm, I got at the test centre 1:24 pm. I panicked and I guess that didn't help me through the physical sciences at all :(

I thought PS was fair, except I already know I made a very stupid mistake (helium), and I'm kind of worried I might have made some other ones.

VR was decent. Some passages I thought were easy to read, but had harder questions (protesters)

lmao i made that mistake too, i feel like an idiot...

Ya wth! You just reminded me of some questions that ticked me right off lol

• 5 weeks later...

OMG I am very shocked, both in a good and bad way. I rocked most of the test way harder than I thought I would. PS 14, BS 13, WS R. But VR.... after scoring consistent 11's in practice tests.... 6!!!???

I feel like this is a joke or a mistake... Would asking for a remark help in this case, given that the VR section is probably marked by a computer?

OMG I am very shocked, both in a good and bad way. I rocked most of the test way harder than I thought I would. PS 14, BS 13, WS R. But VR.... after scoring consistent 11's in practice tests.... 6!!!???

I feel like this is a joke or a mistake... Would asking for a remark help in this case, given that the VR section is probably marked by a computer?

Sigh, why didn't I request the letter offered by AAMC for earthquake examinees? Hubris always bites you in the ...

Da*n. Maybe do request a re-mark just in case. That really sucks :(

Archived