Premed 101 Forums

Signing up for the OAT: question

Like_a_G6

Hey,

How does the OAT differ from the MCAT? Better question, which study material is most useful?

I've looked into the online form for signing up for the OAT but it asks for payments before allowing you to select a date for the exam which I thought was strange. https://www.ada.org/oat/index.html Do you need to sign up first/pay and then wait for an email to sign up with an exam date?? Any idea about how quickly I would be able to write if I signed up within a few days? (ie; months or weeks?)

Thanks guys, I spent the summer studying for the MCAT and wanna try the OAT while I have the info in my head still!

Hey,

How does the OAT differ from the MCAT? Better question, which study material is most useful?

I've looked into the online form for signing up for the OAT but it asks for payments before allowing you to select a date for the exam which I thought was strange. https://www.ada.org/oat/index.html Do you need to sign up first/pay and then wait for an email to sign up with an exam date?? Any idea about how quickly I would be able to write if I signed up within a few days? (ie; months or weeks?)

Thanks guys, I spent the summer studying for the MCAT and wanna try the OAT while I have the info in my head still!

Hey, I did the same thing last year. The OAT is significantly easier then the MCAT. Just remember it does test slightly different topics, especially in biology. QR is diff and reading comp(verbal) is alot easier. I honestly bought the online OAT achiever as my test prep and used an old DAT prep book. The OAT is most similiar to the american DAT. Yeah, I also paid first then picked my test date after. When I wrote which was during the school year, there were many test slots available.. i bed you could write within 2 weeks..best of luck.

Archived